HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\

I got several computer at my workplace that have performance problem. When I checked their registry, I found that most of them have one key named OptionalComponents sit under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Basically if,
1. Your PC performance is low.
2. You can still dial or connected to internet, but either your connection become slower than usual or you won't be able to browse at all.
do check HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
I'm not sure why this key sit under Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. It could be because of virus or a spyware. I believe it is completely safe to delete the "OptionalComponents" key.

In my experience, each time I found the key named OptionalComponents under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, I'll just delete this key. And after the computer restarted, the computer performance back to normal.

After that, don't forget to scan your computer for a virus and spyware.

1 Comments

  1. Hi!
    That's the problem, in my occasion, i can't edit or delete or doing anything with these OptionalComponents file, do you have any advice, how to solve my problem?

    Thank you very much, i would be glad, to receive a message to my e-mail address, to hip_hop_rap_man@yahoo.com.

    Thanks again, Vancsa Szilard, from Romania, Saint George city

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form